Anger is a natural emotion that everyone experiences from time to time. However, when it becomes uncontrollable it can start to affect one’s daily life. According to a Harvard Medical School study, approximately 8% of adolescents display anger issues that qualify for a lifetime diagnosis of intermittent explosive disorder (IED), although anger issues are not limited to teens. While traditional methods like anger management therapy and medication can be effective, natural remedies have become increasingly popular.
One of the most popular natural remedies for anger is herbal supplements. These supplements are made from natural ingredients such as Chamomile, Valerian Root, Passionflower, among others. With their calming properties, they can help reduce anxiety and anger levels while promoting relaxation. Another natural remedy for anger is aromatherapy, which makes use of essential oils such as lavender, peppermint, and eucalyptus to reduce stress levels.
When choosing a natural supplement for anger, it’s important to do your research and identify the ones that are safe and effective. Before making your purchase, there are a few factors to consider. So in this article, we will discuss the top picks to help you manage your anger and improve your overall well-being.
- Understanding Anger
- Common Symptoms of Anger
- What Causes Anger?
- Best Natural Remedies for Anger
- Buying Guide
Anger is a normal human reaction and can be effective in certain situations. It shares similarities with the “fight or flight” response of the nervous system. When a person feels threatened or in danger, the “fight or flight” response gets activated. Not being able to control anger can turn destructive and negatively affect one’s mental and physical health.
Anger can be expressed in different ways and to differing degrees of intensity:
- Outward Aggression: This involves expressing one’s anger verbally or physically towards people or things. For instance, breaking things, attacking other people, shouting, and cursing.
- Inward Aggression: This is directed internally and often involves dark and depressive thoughts or self-talk. For example, denying oneself from basic needs, avoiding things that bring happiness, self-isolating, and self-harming.
- Passive Aggression: Also known as non-violent aggression, this includes actions such as being sarcastic, degrading or being unkind to others, giving others the silent treatment, and sulking.
Recognizing these signs allows a person to think about how they can react towards a situation before acting or saying anything. This can be difficult in the heat of the moment, although it is not impossible to manage one’s feelings.
Common Symptoms of Anger
While everyone loses their cool from time to time, it’s worth noting that anger may feel different for everyone. A study by psychologist Howard Kassinove revealed that most normal people experience anger a few times a week. 58% of anger episodes include yelling and less than 10% include physical aggression.
Below are some of the common symptoms that a person may feel when they are angry:
- Stomach “butterflies”
- Stomach ache
- Tightening in the chest
- Increased heartbeat
- Increased blood flow
- Tense muscles
- Weak legs
- Headaches or tension in the head or eyes
- Shaking or trembling
- Teeth grinding
- Feeling warm/hot
- Blurred vision
Mental and Emotional Effects:
- Feeling tense, nervous or unable to relax
- Feelings of guilt
- Resentful towards other people or situations
- Unable to control yourself
- Feelings of shame and embarrassment
- Feelings of sadness or depression
- Inward aggression that can lead to self-harm
Other Behaviors and Feelings Associated to Anger:
- Punching/breaking objects as a sense of release
- Reacting quickly or violently to small issues
- Accusing friends and relatives of disrespecting you
- Having the urge to act out feelings of anger
- Constantly arguing with friends, family or colleagues
- Unable to compromise or make mutual agreements
- Unable to accept feedback without feeling like it’s a personal attack
- Automatically blaming others for negative situations
- Acting sarcastic
- Losing sense of humor
- Craving substances such as alcohol or tobacco
Physical, emotional, and behavioral cues can help a person recognize if they are experiencing certain levels of anger (low, intermediate, or extreme). If you or someone you know is experiencing any of the symptoms above, it’s essential to speak with a mental health profession who can look into your trends and behavior to diagnose an anger disorder.
What Causes Anger?
Anger has a wide range of trigger points which can differ per person. It is often influenced by biological and environmental factors. The following are some of the possible causes of anger issues:
- Financial problems
- Stress at work
- Past experiences
- Bereavement and grief
- Public humiliation
- Low confidence or self-esteem
- Mental health conditions
- Substance abuse
- Early neglect
Whatever the cause of your anger is, it’s important for individuals to learn how to control and manage their emotions. Triggers can be all around, however it’s how you interpret these situations in the mind, which may control the level of anger you feel and your response.
Best Natural Remedies for Anger
Have you ever felt that frustration or irritability that lingers longer than you would like? In a world that often tests our patience, discovering effective ways to manage anger can be crucial. Whether you’re dealing with occasional outbursts or chronic anger issues, many people have opted for natural remedies to find peace and calmness. In this article, we have listed some of the best natural remedies for anger to help you manage your emotions.
Zenium Stress Relief Supplement & Support Item
- STRUGGLING WITH PARALYZING THOUGHTS & TENSION IN THE BODY? Stress & worry can be paralyzing and debilitating. Take control of your thoughts. Relax the tension in your body with our plant-based, all-natural supplement that really works.
- WE KNOW THE FEELING - Backed by research studies, Zenium's plant-based, vegan formula was beta-tested and perfected over several years by a homeopath who suffered from high levels of stress and worry..
- WORRY LESS & SLEEP MORE - Start the day off feeling rested, full of energy & with a positive outlook. Triggers can throw you into a dark place. Silence and calm your mind with Zenium.
Struggling with stress and anxiety can often be exhausting. For this reason, you can consider Zenium Stress Relief Supplement, a plant-based, all-natural supplement that can help you relax the tension in your body and control your thoughts.
|A plant-based and vegan formula supported by research and was beta-tested by a homeopath who suffered from high stress levels.
Features 9+ powerful ingredients to reduce worries, improve sleep, and promote a positive outlook.
Offers a risk-free 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
|Some users may not notice a significant improvement in their stress levels or anxiety symptoms.
The effectiveness may vary per person.
Not suitable for everyone, specifically those who are pregnant, nursing, or taking medication.
This supplement is a plant-based and vegan formula that contains powerful adaptogens such as Ashwagandha, 5-HTP, L-Theanine, GABA, Magnesium, Rhodiola Rosea, Lemon Balm, Valerian Root, Gotu Kola, and many others. These ingredients safely work together to help you relax, calm your mind, and improve your mood.
While Zenium Stress Relief Supplement has become a top remedy for many people, its effectiveness may vary per person depending on the individual’s body chemistry and chemical habits. Additionally, it is not recommended for those who are pregnant, nursing, or taking medication. With these factors in mind, you can consider trying this supplement with the assurance of a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
Nature Made Wellblends Positive Mood & Energy
- MOOD and ENERGY SUPPORT: Nature Made Wellblends Positive Mood and Energy is designed as a 3-in-1 blend with ingredients to uplift your mind and body
- NATURE MADE WELLBLENDS: This supplement that supports staying well blends Ginseng, 5HTP, and B vitamins for mood and energy support
- 5-HTP and B VITAMINS: 5 HTP is an amino acid that helps support a healthy mood (1), and B vitamins (Thiamin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, and Pantothenic Acid) help convert food into cellular energy
Are you looking for a natural boost to uplift your mood and elevate your energy levels? If so, then look no further! Nature Made Wellblends Positive Mood & Energy could be the perfect choice for you.
|Features 3-in-1 blend of 5-HTP, B vitamins, and Ginseng designed to uplift your mind and body.
Made with blends to target your unique needs.
Gluten-free, non-habit forming, and free from artificial flavors or sweeteners.
|Some users may not experience any noticeable effects.
The bottle may not be as durable as other brands.
The product may be more expensive than other similar supplements.
The supplement is a gluten-free softgel designed to support a positive mood and boost energy levels in the midst of everyday stress. The 5-HTP in this supplement is an amino acid naturally produced by the body to make serotonin, a neurotransmitter that supports mood health and well-being. B vitamins (Thiamin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, and Pantothenic Acid) help convert food into cellular energy, while Ginseng serves as an adaptogen that’s been used as herbal medicine to increase energy and stress resistance.
Nature Made Wellblends Positive Mood & Energy has over 800 positive ratings and pharmacist recommendations, making it a supplement worth considering. Users have reported improved energy and mood without the jitters some energy supplements can cause. On the other hand, some users did not experience noticeable effects and the product may be too expensive.
Native Remedies Anger-Soothe
- Premier natural remedy relieves angry emotions, such as irritability
- Calms anger stemming from feelings of frustration, disappointment and discontent
- Reduces frequent outbursts to reduce stress on nervous system
Ever find yourself looking for a natural remedy to help you navigate the stormy seas of anger? With Native Remedies Anger-Soothe, it offers calming elements to help you restore your emotional balance and manage your irritability naturally.
|Safe, non-addictive, and contains natural ingredients.
Relieves symptoms of anger, irritability, impatience, and tension.
Reduces frequent outbursts and calms the nervous system.
|Effectiveness may vary as some users reported no improvement in their symptoms.
The taste of the drops may be unpleasant for some.
Not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
If you’re looking for a natural way to manage your anger, Anger-Soothe effectively alleviates symptoms of anger, irritability, temper outbursts, impatience, and tension without negative side effects. This supplement is made with 100% natural homeopathic ingredients, making it a safe and non-addicting option to reduce stress.
However, it’s worth noting that its effectiveness may vary and some users have reported no improvement in their symptoms. This product is also not suitable for everyone, specifically pregnant or breastfeeding women. Additionally, the taste of the drops may not be pleasant for everyone.
Nature’s Way CalmAid Softgels
- Clinically studied lavender helps reduce tension and stress.*
- CalmAid is made with Silexan, a clinically studied lavender oil, to reduce feelings of occasional tension and stress.*
- Adults take 1 softgel once or twice daily with water, easy to swallow and safe for daily use. CalmAid is safe for use any time of day and won’t make you feel drowsy.
With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, it’s no surprise that everyone is looking for the best way to manage their stress and occasional tension. With the help of Nature’s Way CalmAid Softgels, it can help you stay calm and have a collected state of mind.
|Contains Lavender to reduce tension and stress.
Its non-drowsy formula does not make you feel sleepy.
Its softgels are easy to swallow and safe for daily use.
|Some users report experiencing frequent burps.
Effectiveness may vary per person.
Results may take time to notice.
This softgel supplement is made with Silexan, a clinically studied Lavender oil that has proven to reduce feelings of stress and tension. While Silexan is fairly new, the Daily Mail had an interview with psychiatry professor Hans-Peter Volz, who said that Silexan should be first-line for anxiety, replacing SSRIS AND Xanax. Additionally, a reputable professional publication within psychiatry, The Carlat Report, had published an article and a podcast promoting Silexan, making this supplement worthy.
Nature’s Way CalmAid Softgels features a non-drowsy formula that won’t make you feel sleepy and are safe for daily use. However, some users have reported experiencing lavender burps after taking the supplement. While there have been positive reviews, some users may not see any results or results may take time to notice. Patience and consistent use is advised.
Nature’s Nutrition Calm & Stress Support Supplement
- Mood Support Supplement: Premium herbal blend with 18 powerful ingredients including Ashwagandha, L-Theanine, GABA, and more to naturally support feeling calm, positive and relaxed
- Calming Complex: Support for stress with over 76mg of B Complex Vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and Biotin)
- Enjoy Every Moment: You deserve to live a happy life; Our supplements deliver complete daily calm support
If you’re on the hunt for a natural supplement designed to bring you tranquility and relief, then you are in luck! Nature’s Nutrition Calm & Stress Support Supplement has become a top option to help with anger and stress so you can be on the path to a calmer and more composed you.
|Features a blend of 18 natural ingredients to help you feel calm and relaxed.
Has over 76mg of B Complex Vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and Biotin) to support stress.
Vegan and vegetarian-friendly, bottled in the USA following cGMP guidelines, and third-party reviewed for quality and purity.
|The capsules are quite large and have an unpleasant taste.
It may take a few days to feel the effects of the supplement.
Some users have reported side effects such as nausea and drowsiness.
This supplement has a trusted formula with a blend of Ashwagandha Root, Magnesium, GABA, Theanine, and 5-HTP, among other natural ingredients, among other natural ingredients. These ingredients work together to reduce stress levels and improve your mood so you can focus on enjoying life. It is vegan and vegetarian-friendly, bottled in the USA following cGMP guidelines, and has been revived by a third-party to ensure you are getting a high-quality product.
However, it’s worth noting that the capsules may be too big to swallow and have an unpleasant taste. It may also take a few days to feel the effects. Additionally, users have reported experiencing side effects such as nausea and drowsiness.
Joy-Filled Mood Support Supplement
- [Joy-Filled: Calm A Worried Mind] Feel more in control of your life & don't let worries and tension get in the way. Our happy pills support stress relief and promotes an overall calming effect for the mind and body.
- [Mood Booster for Women & Men] Our ayurveda products can be the mood enhancer you're looking for. Our adaptogens formula is great for women and men looking for relaxation support and an effective stress relief supplement.
- [7 Natural Herbs] Formulated with 7 healing herbs, our powerful mood support pills are designed to help with stress. Made with Ginkgo Biloba, Rhodiola Rosea, Ashwagandha Root Powder, Lemon Balm, support your mood w/ St. John's Wort & Eleuthero Root*
Finding ways to tackle stress and anxiety can be a challenge, but Joy-Filled Mood Support Supplement makes your search much easier by becoming the perfect solution to elevate your mood naturally.
|100% plant-based supplement containing 7 natural herbs.
A mood enhancer that supports stress relief and a calming effect for the mind and body.
Vegan supplement, non-GMO, and free from artificial fillers or additives.
|Effectiveness may vary per person.
May take time to see results.
May cause mild side effects such as headaches, dizziness, or an upset stomach.
This supplement is formulated with 7 healing herbs, including Ginkgo Biloba, Rhodiola Rosea, Ashwagandha Root Powder, Lemon Balm, St. John’s Wort, and Eleuthero Root. These herbs work together to maintain a positive mood and manage unnecessary stress. This mood booster is an ideal option for anyone looking for relaxation support without resorting to prescription medication. Additionally, it’s plant-based, non-GMO, and free from artificial fillers or additives.
While Joy-Filled Mood Support Supplement is proven to be effective, it may not work for everyone and it may take time to see results. It can also cause mild side effects such as headaches, dizziness, or an upset stomach.
When looking for natural remedies for anger, it’s important to consider a few key factors before choosing the best product for your needs. Below are some features to keep mind when making your selection:
When looking for natural remedies for anger, it’s best to choose products that contain natural ingredients such as herbs, vitamins, and minerals. Avoid products with artificial ingredients or additives.
Before taking any supplements for anger, it’s critical to follow the instructions on the label and only use the recommended dosage. If you’re unsure about how much to take, consult with a healthcare professional.
Natural remedies for anger come in different forms such as capsules, tablets, liquids, and teas. Choose a form that is best for you and your needs.
To ensure you are getting quality supplements, look for natural remedies from reputable companies that follow good manufacturing practices. Check for certifications such as GMP and third-party testing to ensure quality and purity.
Natural remedies for anger can vary in price, therefore it’s best to compare prices of different products and choose one that fits your budget. Keep in mind that the cheapest option may not guarantee the best quality.
By considering these features, you can ensure you will be getting the best natural remedy for your anger. When in doubt, always consult with a healthcare professional before taking any new supplements or remedies.
Can Ashwagandha reduce feelings of anger?
Yes, Ashwagandha is known for its calming properties to reduce feelings of anger. It’s an adaptogenic herb that helps the body adapt to stress and reduce cortisol levels, which contribute to feelings of anger and frustration.
How can CBD oil be used to address symptoms of anger?
CBD oil is recognized for its calming effects to the body, which can help reduce feelings of anger. It can also reduce anxiety and manage stress, which are often the underlying causes of anger. However, more research is necessary to determine the exact effects of CBD oil on anger.
What natural strategies can help manage aggressive behavior?
Aside from herbal remedies, some natural strategies that can help manage aggressive behavior include breathing exercises, engaging in regular exercising, doing meditation, practicing mindfulness, engaging in regular exercise, and getting enough sleep.
How does L-theanine contribute to the control of anger?
L-theanine is an amino acid found in tea that can help promote relaxation and reduce stress. It can also help increase levels of GABA, a neurotransmitter that regulates mood and reduces feelings of anxiety and anger.
What are the potential side effects of supplements that may increase anger?
Certain supplements such as caffeine, ephedra, and yohimbine have the potential to increase anger by causing irritability, anxiety, and restlessness. Before taking any new supplements, it’s important to consult a healthcare professional.
Disclaimer: Last update on 2024-02-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.
This content is provided solely for educational reasons and should not be seen as medical guidance. It’s important to consult with a healthcare expert prior to making any changes to your health regimen, including dietary adjustments or the use of supplements.
Pages on this website may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we receive a commission from qualifying purchases. This commission is at no extra cost to you.